Regional Team Lead (RTL)
Professional & Scientific Associates is seeking a Regional Team Lead (RTL) to support a domestic and international Government event planning contract. Approximately 80% of all assigned meetings will be held internationally and require coordination with clients and vendors located around the world. No travel is required. This is a consultant position (1099 independent contractor) and is performed remotely.
The Regional Team Lead will support a large domestic and International event support contract with the US Government. The Regional Team Lead will be responsible for all tasks required for successfully carrying out domestic and international events from initiation to closeout and ensure that technical solutions and schedules are implemented in a timely manner.
The duties of the Regional Team Lead will include, but are not limited to:
- Overseeing travel arrangements (e.g. visas, plane, train, and bus); ground transportation requirements; hotel and lodging reservations; per diem calculations and disbursements.
- Coordinating the rental of conference space and arrangement of catering and handling of AV equipment rental.
- Routing of meeting materials to international and domestic vendors for procurement of supplies, materials, and duplication of documents for each conference.
- Coordination with Local Event Managers and other domestic and international vendors such as interpreters, translators, AV equipment providers, hotels and transportation providers.
The Regional Team Lead will be responsible for monitoring and tracking expenditures to ensure they are within the awarded budget limits, obtaining and compiling all receipts and invoices from travelers, vendors and subcontractors, submitting invoices to the Government and closing out BPA calls.
Work is done remotely in consultant’s home office. Events are assigned to the Regional Team Lead on an “as-needed” basis in response to government requirements.
Required skills and qualifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Superb time management, organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and maintain a customer-service mindset.
- Able to oversee multiple projects independently.
- Able to accommodate occasional calls on all time zones.
- Proficiency in MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, Teams), Adobe.
Preferred skills and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred; BA/BS in hospitality, event management, international relations, project management or related field a plus.
- Proficiency with more than one language with French, Arabic or Spanish preferable.
- Experience in event planning or event coordination in a corporate or government environments.
- Experience in managing budgets and tracking expenses.
- Proficiency with Smartsheet, Google Docs and Google Drive.
Professional & Scientific Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer.